Braces or Orthodontics – We offer great ways to straighten your smile.
If your teeth are crowded, spaced or improperly aligned, braces can work wonders. Straight teeth not only look better, they’re also healthier, easier to keep clean, and an improved bite helps avoid jaw pain. Our highly trained orthodontists are experts at moving teeth gently and safely for children, teens and adults. What’s more, if you see an orthodontist early on, it may be possible to avoid or shorten the time needed for straightening later. We recommend that parents bring their children in for an ortho evaluation between the ages of seven and eight.
Braces apply mild, constant pressure, moving your teeth over time. Adjustments to your braces are made each month until your teeth are perfectly aligned. Braces can be metal, clear or tooth-colored. Braces can come in a variety of colors, which can be changed to suit your fashion needs.
More and more adults and teens are choosing clear aligners that are nearly invisible. These custom-made trays are molded to the shape of your teeth, and they are removable for eating and brushing your teeth. The trays gently apply pressure, and they are replaced about every two weeks with new trays that continue the alignment process. Our orthodontist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of teeth that need to be straightened. He or she can help you decide which braces or aligners will be right for you. You’ll soon be on your way to a beautiful new smile. For more information about braces or orthodontics please call us at (818)884-4422.
Orthodontic Early Treatment
Though an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time period to begin orthodontia early treatment. Beginning treatment at this time ensures the greatest result and the least amount of time and expense. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that the initial orthodontic evaluation should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than age 7. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but vigilant examination can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment.
What are the benefits of early orthodontic treatment evaluation?
Early evaluation provides both timely detection of problems and greater opportunity for more effective treatment. Prudent intervention guides growth and development, preventing serious problems later. When orthodontic intervention is not necessary, an orthodontist can carefully monitor growth and development and begin treatment when it is ideal.
By the age of 7, the first adult molars erupt, establishing the back bite. During this time, an orthodontist can evaluate front-to-back and side-to-side tooth relationships. For example, the presence of erupting incisors can indicate possible overbite, open bite, crowding or gummy smiles. Timely screening increases the chances for an incredible smile.
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Possibly reducing treatment time for full treatment (Phase II)
These are the classic! Reliable, proven stainless steel brackets and wires held on with medical-grade rubber bands. We can switch out the bands and add a splash of color when you come in for an adjustment.
Often referred to as “Invisalign”, which was the first aligner brand on the market, orthodontic aligners are a removable, virtually invisible solution to straighten teeth. Treatment entails a series of clear, custom-made trays that gradually move your teeth into alignment.
Clear Ceramic Braces
Clear braces use brackets and wires to shift your smile, just like traditional braces. Your orthodontist will adjust them every 4-6 weeks until you have the smile you always wanted.
Do you Need Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces offer a variety of reasons why they might be the preferred method as they are virtually clear braces. Ceramic braces have a faster treatment time than plastic aligner invisible braces do because ceramic braces are worn day and night. The appearance of ceramic braces and elastic bands that are light colored is significantly minimized especially compared to metal braces. These tooth colored brackets and other types of braces that are designed to be low impact aesthetically are great for many adults for a wide variety of reasons.
Ceramic braces are best for adults that are looking for:
- High Aesthetics – braces that are very discreet and widely acceptable
- Confidence – having tooth colored aesthetics that are almost invisible
- Comfortable Social Interactions – maintaining comfortable and respectable interactions at work and home
- Having Professional Meetings – having frequent meetings with business clients
- Quality Results – having mild to severe tooth or teeth problems
Most people want a perfect smile and healthy bite but do not want to wear metal or even clear braces. Dr. Alejandra Taveras D.D.S knows that today’s orthodontic treatment needs to keep up with society’s demand for convenience and aesthetic options for straightening your teeth. Dr. Alejandra Taveras D.D.S achieves this with Invisalign, a series of clear aligners that are a virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and correct your bite without brackets and wires.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Fixes crowding so you can keep your teeth clean better
- Fixes spacing so you don’t have food trapped and bacteria build up.
- Can fix TMJ
- Almost invisible so people won’t know you’re in treatment
- Will give you a beautiful smile at the end
- The aligners are custom made to your teeth and are designed to be comfortable to wear
- No food restrictions
- No emergency appointments (such as broken brackets or wires)
- Invisalign is the best clear aligner on the market
Our office is also equipped with the scanner know as iTero.
Benefits of iTero:
- no goopy impressions
- Quick scan time
- Able to see your teeth in a 3D model on the screen
- Ability to see your before and after smile for Invisalign treatment
- Can assess teeth and gums to see wear, grinding, and recession
- Reduced time to receive Invisalign
- Reduced time to receive crowns and other restorative items because of no impression shipping time
- Increased accuracy of Invisalign fit
- Increased accuracy of restorative fit